ALL DRIVER MEDICALS ARE STILL BOOKABLE DESPITE THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
DVLA D4 HGV PCV LGV PSV C1 MEDICAL FOR £50
nationwide medical clinic
We are a nationwide medical clinic offering a wide range of Driver Medical Examinations by GMC registered Doctors.
For emergencies we guarantee to offer you a same day appointment at one of our clinics. We answer your call from 7am till 9pm seven days a week! We have Clinics Nationwide including Lancashire, Yorkshire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Midlands, Greater London
Download D4 Form
We offer MEDICAL assessments on account For GROUP, CORPORATE OR BLOCK BOOKINGS TO LARGE COMPANIES, HAULAGE FIRMS, TRAINING SCHOOLS.
- Photo ID.
- Your driving glasses/contact lenses & prescription.
- Details of any ongoing medical conditions.
- Prescription medications that you are taking.
- DVLA STANDARD D4 MEDICAL FORM.
The examination will only take around 15-30 minutes. It includes an eye test, Blood pressure check, physical examination and BMI Check. You will be asked questions about the following topics:
- cardiovascular system including high Blood pressure.
- endocrine system such as diabetes
- musculoskeletal such as back pain.
- neurological such as stroke
- psychiatric such as depression.
- Alcohol and drug history
The doctor will complete the form based on your answers, medical history, medications and the results of the examination findings.
This medical assessment is performed by our GMC registered Doctors at Just Health clinics.
To Complete this medical you need to be assessed by a doctor who is registered with the general medical council (GMC). The Eye Test is also included at no extra cost.
D4 drivers must have medicals as follows:
- At first application of your provisional Category C1 (7.5t), C (rigid) or D1 (minibus), D (bus) licence.
- When you turn 45 you will need to do another medical followed by one every 5 years after that until aged 65.
- when you turn 65 you will need a medical every year.
- Pay over the phone when you secure your booking
- Book Online via secure payment system
- Pay on the day available, please ask when booking
Yes! We are continuing to provide medicals at our locations listed online. This is particularly helpful for the nations Keyworkers & Essential workers that require a medical to continue driving. You can book online (click here) or call us on 01282 936900 to find out where your nearest clinic is.
As per government guidelines travelling for medical reasons is a specific exemption from the lockdown. Please pre-book your appointment.
Everyone applying for a first HGV/PCV licence (or C1/D1 if they passed the car test after 1996) needs a D4 medical.
DVLA have advised that any D4 medical submitted will be processed as per normal.
In April 2020 DVLA Advised anyone renewing their HGV/PCV licence between 01/01/2020 and 31/12/2020 can apply for a 12 month licence without undertaking a medical, HOWEVER if you have a notifiable condition DVLA still require a D4 medical to be completed.
Further to this in September 2020 DVLA advised if your licence expires between 1 February and 31 December 2020, Your driving licence or entitlement to drive in the UK will be automatically extended for 11 months. This is because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please see info here: https://www.gov.uk/renew-lorry-bus-coach-licence/45-or-over.
For anyone who has been banned from driving and wishes to re-apply for their driving license, You may need a HRO Medical (High Risk Offender) medical such as a drink driver medical or drug driver medical. Please request the DVLA to appoint Just Health Burnley BB10 1DT (if this is within your locality). We offer appointments weekly. We are operating as normal for HRO Medicals in line with DVLA GUIDANCE.
FAQ's for Driver Medicals
- HGV Medical £50
- LGV Medical £50
- PCV Medical £50
- Taxi Driver Medical £60
- Motor Home /Horse box/ trailer/ class 1 & class 2 Medical £50
- Paramedic/ Ambulance driver Medical £50
- Paramedic student Medical £50
- Motor Sports Association / MSA Medical £75
- Auto Cycle Union / ACU Medical £75
- ML5 Medical Seafarer Medical £75
- Crane Operators £75
- Fork Lift Drivers £75
- Safety Critical Workers Medicals with certificate from £100